These sections outline how to upgrade RapidMiner Server.
Pre upgrade checks
- Check release notes or AI Hub release notes for the version you plan to upgrade to (and any in between).
- Check the compatibility of your extensions with the version you plan to upgrade to.
Upgrade RapidMiner Server in a test environment
- Create a staging copy of your current production environment.
- Follow the guide below to upgrade your test environment.
- Test any unsupported extensions, customizations and proxy configuration (if possible) before upgrading your production environment.
Check system requirements
Check the system requirements page to determine if your environment meets the minimum requirements to run the latest version of RapidMiner Server.
Select upgrade guide
You can only directly upgrade RapidMiner Server to the latest version from version 9.1 and above. If you want to upgrade from version 7.x, 8.x or 9.0 do the upgrade to RapidMiner Server 9.1 first.
Future updates will be much easier due to the new upgrade procedure that was introduced with version 9.2.
Picking the proper upgrade path
Please choose the upgrade guide according to your RapidMiner Server setup below.
The following instructions are recommended to be followed for any upgrade starting from 9.1 and above.
- In your running instance, temporarily pause all Schedules
- Verify that all jobs are in a final state like finished, error, stopped or timed out
- Consider force stopping all currently running or pending jobs depending on your needs or
- Wait for all jobs to be executed
- Cross-check execution state on the Executions web page of AI Hub
- Shutdown all Job Agents attached to this AI Hub instance
- Shutdown AI Hub
- Backup (instructions depend on your setup)
- Upgrade to AI Hub to 9.10.4 (instructions depend on your setup)
- Start AI Hub and wait for all migrations to finish
- Observe startup and migration progress by tracking logs which are located inside the RapidMiner Server home directory under
- Once everything succeeded, start your Job Agents and wait for them to show up in the Queues page of AI Hub
- Resume all Schedules which you’ve temporarily paused before
Upgrade your standalone RapidMiner Server installation:
Upgrade your RapidMiner Server High Availability cluster: