RapidMiner Server on Amazon AWS
There are two different links on Amazon AWS, depending on whether you bring your own license (BYOL) or pay as you go.
For details of the installation, continue reading.
The RapidMiner Server AMI
Please follow these steps to start a RapidMiner Server Amazon EC2 Instance:
- Log in to your Amazon account and select the EC2 console.
- Click on the Launch Instance button.
- Select AWS Marketplace in the left menu and search for "RapidMiner".
- Select the required version of the Image (we always recommend the latest).
- Continue with the Launch Wizard by selecting the Instance type. We recommend using at least 7 GB of RAM for RapidMiner Server.
- Configure the Instance Details by selecting the networking parameters. Make sure you enable public IP or consult your network administrator about your Amazon VPC configuration.
- Configure Storage and Instance tags. For basic usage the default settings are enough.
- Check the Security group settings and ensure that ports 8080 and 1081 are open for RapidMiner Server and 22 for SSH.
- Finally review and launch your instance with your SSH key.
Log in to RapidMiner Server
After the instance is available, continue with the following steps:
- Using a browser connect to the instance's port 8080. (e.g. http://public.ip:8080) or consult your network administrator about how to access your instance.
- Check your instance id on the EC2 web console.
- On the login screen please use the username admin and use the instance ID (e.g. "i-0abcde567884e6bc70") as password.
- If you chose a pay-as-you-go AMI, that’s all you need to do. You can already connect to it from a browser or from your RapidMiner Studio. If you chose a bring-your-own-license AMI, then you’ll be presented with a page where you need to paste your license. After that, you’ll need to restart the VM.
Next: the image architecture