What's New in RapidMiner Studio 7.5?
This page describes the new features of RapidMiner Studio 7.5 as well as its enhancements and bug fixes.
More improvements in performance
This release is again focused on performance, but from another point of view: memory. RapidMiner 7.5 features a new data core that manages data sets in a much more efficient way. Some of the benefits of the new data core are:
- Lower memory footprint through more compact data representations. Better data management allows larger datasets to be processed.
- Sparse datasets are detected and special data structures handle them for an increase in efficiency.
- New data management modes (speed-optimized, auto, memory-optimized) allow you to select the optimal representation for your data.
- The data core now keeps data in a columnar format, which significantly speeds up many data preparation tasks that modify or create new attributes.
If you are a developer, the new data management has an open API that you can use when you create your own extensions.
Improved integration with the most popular Cloud platforms
- New operators have been added for reading and writing data to/from Microsoft’s Azure Blob Storage.
- The operators Read Amazon S3, Loop Amazon S3, and Write Amazon S3 now support KMS encryption.
Easier and nicer graphs
We have completely revised all graph visualizations in the results view. This includes not only decision tree graphs, but also clustering, association rules, and a few more. They are now easier to use and display information in a much more appealing and informative fashion. For example, lines in a Decision Tree now have different thicknesses so you can immediately identify larger branches carrying more information. Also Clustering graphs have been improved: now the node size is scaled according to the actual size of the cluster to make it easier to identify the largest clusters.
Better communication and tutorials
In RapidMiner 7.5, there is a new mechanism to provide help, advice messages, and even important announcements to the user. We want to communicate with you in a helpful way, guide you to the right resources and hope to improve your learning experience.
There are also two new tutorials for RapidMiner Server and RapidMiner Radoop with the aim of providing a better learning experience for beginners. And if you don’t have Server or Radoop, take a look and see what you’re missing!
Enhancements and bug fixes
The following pages describe the enhancements and bug fixes in RapidMiner Studio 7.5 releases: