You are viewing the RapidMiner Studio documentation for version 8.0 - Check here for latest version
Annotate (RapidMiner Studio Core)
SynopsisAdds annotations to an IOObject or changes existing ones.
Sometimes it is necessary to attach information to a data object which is not part of the data itself. That could be e.g. the source of a file or example set, information on when or how the data has been acquired etc. In RapidMiner, information of this kind can be attached as so-called annotations to any kind of IOObject.
Annotations are key/value pairs: values can be referenced by or assigned to unique keys.
- input (IOObject)
Any type of object can be connected to this port. The annotations will be added to this object.
- output (IOObject)
The same object as passed to the input port, with updated annotations.
- annotationsDefines the pairs of annotation names and annotation values. Click the button, select or type an annotation name into the left input field and enter its value into the right field. You can specify an arbitrary amount of annotations here. Please note that it is not possible to create empty annotations. Range: menu
- duplicate_annotationsThis parameter indicates what should happen if duplicate annotation names are specified.
- overwrite: If this option is selected, the values existing annotations will be simply overwritten.
- ignore: If this option is selected, duplicate annotations are ignored and the value of the original annotation is kept.
- error: If this option is selected, an error is displayed and the process stops if duplicate annotation names are found.
Annotating a data set
The Iris data set is loaded and annotated: the Source annotation is overwritten, and a new annotation is created.
To see the annotations of an object go to the results view and select the Annotations display option.