You are viewing the RapidMiner Studio documentation for version 9.0 - Check here for latest version
Write Excel (RapidMiner Studio Core)
SynopsisThis operator writes an ExampleSet to a Excel spreadsheet file.
The Write Excel operator can be used for writing an ExampleSet into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. This operator creates Excel files that are readable by Excel 95, 97, 2000, XP, 2003 and newer versions. Missing data values in the ExampleSet are indicated by empty cells in the Excel spreadsheet. The first row of the resultant Excel file has the names of attributes of the input ExampleSet. Files written by the Write Excel operator can be loaded in RapidMiner using the Read Excel operator.
This input port expects an ExampleSet. It is output of the Retrieve operator in the attached Example Process.
The ExampleSet that was provided at the input port is delivered through this output port without any modifications.This is usually used to reuse the same ExampleSet in further operators of the process.
The created Excel file is provided as a file object that can be used with other operators with file input ports like 'Write File'.
- excel_file The path of the Excel file is specified here. It can be selected using the choose a file button. Range: string
- file_format Allows the user to specify if the resulting excel sheet should have the xls or xlsx format. Range: selection
- encodingThis is an expert parameter furthermore it is shown with file format xls only. There are different options, users can choose any of them. Range: selection
- sheet_nameThis parameter is shown with file format xlsx only. The user can specify the name of the excel sheet. Range: string
- date_formatThis is an expert parameter furthermore it is shown with file format xlsx only. Format dates should be saved in. Range: string
- number_formatThis is an expert parameter furthermore it is shown with file format xlsx only. Format number should be saved in. Range: string
Writing the Labor-Negotiations data set into an Excel file
The Labor-Negotiations data set is loaded using the Retrieve operator. The Write Excel operator is applied on it to write the Labor-Negotiations data set in a Excel file. The excel file parameter is provided with this path: 'D:\Labor data set.xls'. Thus an Excel file named 'Labor data set' is created in the 'D' drive of your computer. Note that the first row of the resultant Excel file has the names of attributes of the Labor-Negotiations data set. Also note that all missing values in the Labor-Negotiations data set are represented by empty cells in the Excel file.