Schedule Process (Process Scheduling)
SynopsisThis operator schedules a process on a RapidMiner AI Hub with given input, output and macros.
This operator starts a process which is given as a repository location on a RapidMiner AI Hub. The AI Hub instance of this repository will execute the process independently from the current process, so that an own process context is available. This context, i.e. the input and output of the process and the macros, can be defined as parameters as well.
Several different schedule modes are available which determine when the process will be started. The modes now, once and offset are used to start the process once at a given time, whereby cron schedule allows to execute the process periodically according to a given cron expression which can be easily created by the cron editor.
It is necessary that the repository of the process which will be scheduled is a repository of a RapidMiner AI Hub instance. Although it is possible to schedule a process from a local RapidMiner instance on a remote AI Hub, it is not possible to execute several process within a local RapidMiner instance with this operator.
It is not compulsory to connect any object with this port. Any object connected at this port is delivered without any modifications to the output port. This operator can have multiple inputs. When one input is connected, another through input port becomes available which is ready to accept another input (if any). The order of inputs remains the same. The object supplied at the first through input port of the operator is available at the first through output port.
Objects that were given as input are passed without changing to the output through this port. It is not compulsory to attach this port to any other port, the macro value is set even if this port is left without connections. The operator can have multiple outputs. When one output is connected, another through output port becomes available which is ready to deliver another output (if any). The order of outputs remains the same. The object delivered at the first through input port of the operator is delivered at the first through output port.
- process_entry A valid path should be specified here in order to execute a process. This parameter references a process in a remote repository, i.e. a repository on a RapidMiner AI Hub. Range: string
- process_input The process input which will be provided to the process which will be executed. This repository location has to be reachable by the process on the RapidMiner AI Hub instance. Range: menu
- process_output Indicates where the process output shall be stored. This repository location has to be reachable by the process on the RapidMiner AI Hub instance. Range: menu
- macros The macros which will be accessible by the executed process. Range: menu
- forward_macros If checked, the macros defined in the current context are forwarded to the process to schedule. Manually defined macros will not be overridden. Range: boolean
The mode defines the time when the selected process will be executed on the AI Hub.
- now: The process will be executed immediately
- once: The process will be executed at the date provided by the date parameter
- offset: The process will be executed after a given offset provided by the offset and time_unit parameters
- cron schedule: The process will be executed periodically given a start and end date and the cron expression
- date If the schedule mode once is selected this date parameter specifies the exact date and time when the process will be started. Range: date
- offset The offset to specify for the schedule mode offset. Combined with the parameter time_unit this sets the time from now to the start of the process. Range: integer
- time_unit For the offset mode this specifies the unit of time of the value defined in the offset parameter. So if the offset is set to 10, this parameter defines if the process will be started in 10 seconds, 10 minutes, 10 hours or 10 days. Range: selection
- expression If the schedule mode cron schedule is selected, the expression parameter offers a cron value which can be added by hand or via the cron editor. This allows to start the process periodically. Range: cron
- set_start_date For a cron expression this parameter determines if a start date will be used. This start date specifies the time when the cron expression is activated to schedule a process. Range: boolean
- start_date The start date which specifies the date to start the scheduling of a process via the cron expression defined in expression. This parameter is only in use if the set_start_date parameter is set to true. Range: date
- set_end_date For a cron expression this parameter determines if a end date will be used. This end date specifies the time until when the cron expression is activated to schedule a process. Range: boolean
- end_date The end date which specifies the date until the cron expression will be used to schedule a process. This parameter is only in use if the set_end_date parameter is set to true. Range: date