You are viewing the RapidMiner Server documentation for version 8.1 - Check here for latest version
What's New in RapidMiner Server 8.0.0?
Released: December 04th, 2017
The following describes the enhancements and bug fixes in RapidMiner Server 8.0.0:
The process execution on RapidMiner Server has fundamentally changed. Please visit this page for more information before upgrading!
- Processes are no longer executed inside RapidMiner Server itself but instead run externally. The process execution is managed by so called Job Agents, which do not need to run on the same machine as RapidMiner Server. This allows for total horizontal scalability of process execution.
- License expiration warnings are no longer shown if an upcoming license is available.
- Webservices can no longer sometimes block the entire RapidMiner Server instance despite using almost no CPU or memory resources. For faster performance, they also now run single-threaded by default (each web service uses only 1 CPU core). To enable parallel execution, set the property com.rapidanalytics.webservices.concurrency to the number of threads that should be used by each web service call. Please be sure to read the information available here before doing so!
- It is now possible to change the target queue of scheduled processes via the UI.
- Scheduled Processes now display a warning if their queue does not exist anymore/has no Job Agents connected to it.
- Triggers list now has tooltips.
- Triggers now display a warning if their queue does not exist anymore/has no Job Agents connected to it.
- Added com.rapidanalytics.security.x_frame_options property to allow administrators to disable embedding elements of RM Server into other websites.
- Added com.rapidanalytics.security.access_control_allow_origin and related properties to enable administrators to allow CORS. See Server Settings for more details about the new properties.
- All triggers are paused while waiting for pending migration steps and will be started as soon as the migration is completed.
- Installer now contains more documentation on the first page, especially in regards to an upgrade.
- Version number is now shown in the installer.
- Database connections can now be tested without having to save them first
- Deleting a property in the System Settings UI now resets its value properly in the database
- Fixed an issue that kept obsolete data in the database
- Session cookie can no longer be accessed by scripts
- Fixed some Server error responses
- Fixed an issue that could cause errors during LDAP authentication
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Salesforce connections to work on Server
- Fixed some problems regarding PostgreSQL databases
- Upgraded PostgreSQL JDBC driver to version 42.1.4
- License expiration warning is no longer shown to users who are not logged in
- Various fixes behind the scenes