You are viewing the RapidMiner Server documentation for version 9.7 - Check here for latest version
RapidMiner Server System Requirements
This document describes the installation requirements and recommendations for RapidMiner Server. If you have any question regarding compatibility and operation with your infrastructure, please contact us.
Server system requirements
RapidMiner Server uses the hard disk for storing the program, log files and temporary files. From version 9 and above RapidMiner Server also stores imported data and generated models in the new home directory which also resides on the filesystem of your installation. The server itself does not need more than 1GB of free hard disk space, depending on your configuration and logs but the home directory can consume significantly more space. Therefore the required free disk space depends on how much data users will store in a server's repository. It is a good idea, if possible, to reserve enough hard disk space to handle uploaded user processes and data and to also assist in trace and troubleshooting.
Minimum for RapidMiner Server with an attached Job Agent
- Dual core
- 2GHz processor
- 8GB RAM
- >10GB free disk space (the filesystem needs to support UTF-8)
- IE10 and above or good Browsers
- Browser resolution: 1024x768
Recommended for RapidMiner Server and each Job Agent
- Quad core
- 3GHz or faster processor
- 32GB to 1TB RAM
- enough free disk space (the filesystem needs to support UTF-8) for users to store data in the server's repository
- 64-bit recommended
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019
Please note that switching Java distributions requires cleaning up temporary files of the application server.
- PostgreSQL 9.6, 10.9, 11.4
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017
- Oracle 12c (compressed tables are not supported)
- MySQL 5.6, 5.7, 8.0
Please note that MySQL is not supported for a High Availability setup of RapidMiner Server. Please choose another database even for the simple setup in case you plan to upgrade to a High Availability installation in the future.
Because of their full compatibility, RapidMiner Server and RapidMiner Studio share complete connectivity support.